Sunday, May 24, 2009

Skydiving, anyone?

Yes, I know, sky diving is not exactly for the faint of heart, but if you're scared, I encourage you to overcome your fears and give it a try. I only tried it once (quite frankly, it was enough for me) and with the exception of the extreme heat that day, it was an unforgettable experience.

After much research, a few of us decided to try skydiving at Skydive Elsinore in Lake Elsinore. The day went something like this...
Naturally, you start the process off by signing your life away; the signing of the waiver is even documented on video. You don't jump alone, so you are introduced to your tandem buddy who is later strapped to your back. You practice a little on land and then it is a matter of waiting until it is your turn. You board the plane, sit side by side with the other jumpers (about 20 people total). Don't be alarmed if the plane door is open, apparently it is normal for it to be open as you take off. I, of course, nearly had a heart attack. Oh yeah, and don't make the mistake of looking out the window like I did, it only scares you! Seeing a lake look like a spot doesn't really make you feel better about jumping out of a plane. Anyway, at a certain altitude you start preparing for the jump. You and your tandem buddy are strapped together and when it is finally your turn you approach the open door. You crouch down, rock back and forth and on the third rock, you jump

It goes by so quickly that I don't remember a freefall feeling whatsoever! I do remember that we were moving so fast that I couldn't breath normally, but the adrenaline was rushing!! My tandem buddy tapped his watch to notify me that it was time to pull the parachute (otherwise, I would have completely forgotten) and then we glided down. It was great!!! When we landed, my legs wouldn't stop shaking, but I felt like I had just taken the world on...and won!

Looks like one tandem jump along with video and photos is now running at $279.00. For more information, visit: http://www.skydiveelsinore.com/index.html

If skydiving is just too much for you, you may want to try iflyhollywood. It is indoor skydiving using a vertical wind tunnel. I won't even try to explain it, check the website out and I think the pictures & video speak for themselves. Seem safe and its cheaper, too with a Double Flight First Time Flyer Package starting at $59.95. For more information, visit: http://www.iflyhollywood.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment